We often eat dinner around 5 o’clock, but some meals are meant to be enjoyed later in the evening. When I heard about the impending Snowzillageddon, I knew I needed a meal that could be enjoyed later in the evening: pork chops, asparagus, and Basmati rice medley. This dinner wasn’t difficult, but does take a bit to cook. The time is worth it though because it was delicious. This recipe is only a rough estimate, so taste as you go and add whatever you feel necessary.
Pork Chops with White Wine Lemon Herb Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350
- Chop three cloves of garlic
- Add garlic and 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil to a cast iron or other oven safe pan
- Sautee on medium for 1 minute and then add pork chops
- Cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup dry white wine, 2 tsp chopped rosemary, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, then move pan to oven roast for 15 – 20 minutes
- When chops are cooked to your liking, remove from oven and pan
- Bring liquid to boil
- While whisking, sprinkle 1.5 tablespoons of flour, simmer for 1 minute
While the pork chops were cooking, I roasted a bunch of asparagus with salt and pepper, olive oil, and chopped garlic. Jeremy made Trader Joe’s Basmati Rice Medley.
This dinner made our cold, snowy night a lot better. Stay tuned for our dessert.