Yesterday got away from me. We were running around getting things for Halloween costumes, eating, and just having fun. Pardon my tardiness.
- It’s been 70 degrees for the last few days (even though it’s cool today). People were wearing shorts. While I didn’t wear shorts, I did wear a skirt and sandals to work.
- I have a buy one get one free coupon for Gap and my Groupon to spend.
- We are making Calzones for dinner on Saturday. Pretty jazzed to use my Don Peppino pizza sauce from NY.
- Next week I am only working four days because I am going to MI to see my buds. My bff is having a baby shower. I have one hat and a blanket left to make, but this frog hat is all done.
- *From Saturday* I got to sleep until it was light out this morning. It was very nice.
Last week I posted about five quick things I was thankful for; I dashed the post off before I went to school. And here’s the truth I thought thought about those things all day on Friday and it made my day considerably better than it might have been. So I think for awhile we will have these thankful Five Things Fridays.
- I’m really thankful all the miners got out alive. I’ve cried during every story I’ve heard about them and am tearing up just thinking about how happy and relived their families must be.
- I am thankful one of my classes at school is reading Three Cups of Tea. I didn’t make it through the adult version, but the young readers version is great. David Mortensen is a good man, and I hope I can be as generous in small ways in my life.
- On a less serious note, we are going to one of our favorite restaurants tonight – Riverworks.
- It is fall here, and everything is beautiful.
- One word – YANKEES! They’ve made it to round 2; here’s hoping the next games go as well.
I am so glad that Friday is here. While this week went really quickly, by the time Thursday got here I was so tired. Today has been a beautiful day. My classes went well, specifically my freshmen. Today was a review day; you remember those: Jeopardy, shouting out answers, candy for prizes. When I give them treats/prizes, I like to sneak in healthy things. Today for Jeopardy, we had chips (their request) and then I got baby carrots and Juicy Juicy Juice 100% juice boxes. The kids loved the carrots. I don’t know if they eat vegetables at home, but they were raving about how good the carrots were. It makes me feel good when I give them good food. I think next time we’ll do a full blown veggie tray without the chips. I wonder if they would eat humus? We’ll see.
Thankfully the skies here have looked like this lately:
I can’t help that my mood is exponentially better when it’s sunny and warm. Spring has been great this year.
At my school/job (I always feel funny calling it school) today, there was a plant sale. There is a special needs student that I’ve gotten to know this year who works at the plant sale; she asked me to come and buy plants, so I did. I went over at the end of the day and picked up chives, Roma tomatoes, and some type of hot pepper.
I hope to get all of the garden put in tomorrow. I guess I really should get a plan in place.
Another thing making today a great Friday is that I am the Friday Foodie Feature on TravelEatLove. Meghan’s blog is one of my favorite to read – she writes amazing travel posts, ran the Boston Marathon and keeps everything in a very balanced perspective. Thanks Meghan.
So I didn’t post yesterday, which means I failed at posting everyday for two weeks. I guess now I’ll shoot for 13/14. I have several good excuses for not posting:
- Friday is my crash night. When I get home from work, I almost always take a nap on Fridays. By my own doing, I don’t get enough sleep during the week, usually about 5 or 6 hours a night, which is not great but bearable. However, when Friday afternoon gets here, I can barely keep my eyes open.
- My new Blackberry came in the mail!
I am a bit of a technophile. I’ve been waiting to get this for awhile. It’s a wonderful Blackberry Tour, and I’m basically in love with it. I spent time researching the best phones and the best service. For my needs this is it. It’s my new pet. My old phone, and it was old 2.5 years old to be exact, was horrible. If my new phone is a smart phone, my old phone was signing up for summer school. I spent most of the night setting things up and getting them just the way I want.
Since I didn’t post Friday (and to be honest, I also didn’t take any pictures) here’s a very brief summary:
- Breakfast – English Muffin with PB
- “Lunch” – Thai Kitchen Garlic Ginger Noodles (You could really taste the ginger)
- I love rice noodles. I ate this about 10 am. I was just so hungry.
- Dinner – Best Pizza I’ve had in awhile Broccoli, Chicken Pizza with a garlic and olive oil sauce. The chicken was grilled and the broccoli was perfectly roasted. I think my love of broccoli may seem like an addiction, but really I can stop whenever I want. Not having marinara sauce was a nice change of pace.
Today I had a piece of leftover pizza, some toast, and the last of the Chevere and some baguette. I will be so sad when my fresh rosemary dies. I use it in so many dishes. I guess I might need some sort of snack before I go to bed. Hmmm maybe cereal is in my future.
Do you have a favorite night time snack?